PMA KS Vario – Multi-channel control system
The PMA KS Vario multi-channel controller is ideal for temperature control on machines in conjunction with PLC systems and offers a wide range of fieldbus connections to enable easy integration into existing automation systems. The controller can also be used as a stand-alone system, for which suitable touch operating terminals are available. The system is designed to be cost-efficient by combining the required modules and can be expanded precisely up to 30 control loops.
Controller functions: PMA KS Vario can be configured as
- Signaling device with 1 or 2 outputs
- Two-position controller with DPID behavior
- Three-point controller with DPID/DPID behavior
- Three-point controller with special output algorithm for water evaporation cooling (for extruders)
- Split range controller
- Continuous controller
- Motor step controller
- Cascade controller
- Start-up circuit
- Guided wedding
- Mechanics in I/O system style, smallest module: 12.2 x 120 x 71.5mm
- Up to 30 measurement inputs for thermocouples, PT100, mV, V and mA
- Various outputs for control and signaling
- RS485 Modbus, Ethernet Modbus TCP, Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet/IP and CANopen communication
- Free assignment of the measurement and control signals to the control channels
- Additional measurements and signaling can be integrated
- Highly modular expansion options
- Integrated heating circuit monitoring (also partial failure and SSR short circuit)
- CE, UL and cUL
PMA KS Vario is maximally modular
The KS Vario base module already has I/Os for up to 8 control loops on board. By plugging in additional I/O modules, the system can be expanded inexpensively and with fine modularity up to max. 30 Expand control loops. In the maximum configuration, up to 60 analog outputs and up to 34 analog inputs and up to 320 digital inputs or outputs can be processed per bus coupler.
Any fieldbus bus coupler, in which the power supply for the system is also integrated, is plugged in as the head of a system.
Time saving thanks to automatic cross-wiring
The required modules of the KS Vario system are simply plugged together without tools. All peripheral and auxiliary voltages and data signals are automatically cross-wired.
The 24 V DC supply for the system only needs to be fed in at one point on the bus coupler. The attached tension clamp terminals for the I/O wiring make it very easy to replace I/O modules. The I/Os can be conveniently labeled using labeling fields.
PMA KS Vario Software