Universal single-circuit controller / temperature controller
The PMA KS 41-1 temperature controller has been developed for general control tasks in all industrial sectors. The device allows a choice of control modes, including simple two-point control (on/off), continuous PID control or three-point step control. The process value is recorded via a universal input, while a further analog input is used to measure the heating current or as an external setpoint input.
The PMA KS 41-1 is equipped with three process outputs, which can consist of either three relays or two relays and one universal output. The universal output can be used to operate an SSR relay, as a continuous current/voltage output or to supply a 2-wire transmitter.
The controller is particularly recommended for industrial applications such as ovens and fireplaces, burners and boilers, plastics processing and dryers.
Functions and special features
- Universal version continuous/switching, i.e. reduced stock keeping
- Freely configurable analog output, e.g. as actual value output
- 100 ms cycle time, i.e. also suitable for fast routes
- Customer-specific linearization for all input types
- High security thanks to password protection and internal switch
- Extended temperature range up to 60 °C enables installation close to the process
- Measured value correction as offset or 2-point
- Emergency operation in case of sensor break by taking over the averaged output level
- Logical linking of the digital outputs, e.g. for collective alarms
- Programmer with four segments and end signal
- RS422/485 Modbus RTU interface
- Built-in transmitter power supply
- Waterproof front – IP65
The KS 41-1 controller is designed as a plug-in device. This means that the devices can be replaced quickly, easily and without tools.
Self-optimization quickly and reliably determines the optimum control parameters for fast and overshoot-free regulation when the system starts up.
For heating/cooling controllers, the parameters for cooling are determined separately in order to achieve optimum adaptation there too.
Operation and display
The 10 LEDs on the front reliably indicate the operating status, operating mode and error messages.
The automatic/manual button is used to switch the controller to manual mode without any confusing operating sequences.
This can also be locked or the button can be used to start the timer, for example.
Interface and engineering tool
Settings can be made via the front panel as well as via the Blue-Port® front interface and the BlueControl® software.
BlueControl® and Blue-Port® are registered trademarks of PMA Prozeß- und Maschinen-Automation GmbH